Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Shuki is a proud member of Plastic Pollution Coalition, and 1% for the Planet. A global network of businesses, nonprofits and individuals working together for a healthy planet. Our Artisan Cutlery Kits are Fair Trade certified through Matr Boomie. We dedicate our brand to amplifying and educating people on the impacts of plastic pollution, while offering a way to “be the change”. With numerous non-profit partners (visit our partnership page page) we are always finding ways to support a larger coalition of activists, all fighting to protect our planet from pollution. We are currently B-Corp pending.
Where is your company located?
Shuki sells products around the world. Our core team is based in Los Angeles, and we have organization partners across the continent (visit our partnership page page to learn more). Our manufacturing partners are located in Los Angeles, North Central India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, and the Chaoshan region of China.
Yes. Shuki’s metal straws are made from non-toxic, FDA food grade 18/8 stainless steel metal. They have no metal aftertaste, and are BPA-Free. Stainless steel straws are also rust and scratch proof. They are completely safe to drink from, and curved for easy sipping.
Our reusable bamboo straws are made without any harmful pesticides or chemicals.
Are your reusable straws hard to clean?
No, they’re easy to clean! Our stainless steel straws are dishwasher safe, and rust proof. We also provide a cleaning brush in our gift set for the inside of your straws. Restaurants may utilize a dedicated container to soak the straws in cleaning solution, before eventually running them through the dishwasher.
For bamboo straws, rinse straws under tap water or submerge them in warm soapy water. For an occasional deeper clean, put the straws in boiling water with a tablespoon of vinegar and soak for a few minutes. Measurements: Length - 8in; Width - 4mm - 7mm (since bamboo grows naturally, the width varies).
What reusable straw sizes do you offer?
- Curved and Straight Metal Straws: Length - 215mm; Diameter - 6mm; Thick .5mm
- These fit most popular stainless steel tumblers - 20 oz, 18 oz, 12 oz, and 10 oz Tumblers and Cups - Yeti (Rambler & Lowball), Hydro Flask, RTIC, Ozark, and MalloMe.
- Boba Straws: Length - 215mm; Width - 12mm; Thick .5mm. Pointed tip
- Bamboo straws: Length - 8in; Width - 4mm - 7mm (since bamboo grows naturally, the width varies).
- Cocktail: Length - 15cm / 150mm; Width - 6mm
How much do they cost wholesale?
View our wholesale pricing for gift sets, and bulk steel straws here.
Can metal straws be used with hot beverages?
Yes. All hot beverages require caution to ensure you don’t burn yourself, whether you use metal straws or not -- use common sense whenever drinking! Our metal straws help keep hot drinks hot, and cold drinks cold.
Product End of Life Breakdown
- Metal Straws are extremely durable, and can last a lifetime! If these straws ever reach the end of their useful life, stainless steel is 100% recyclable with most waste haulers.
- Bamboo straws can last many years, depending on usage and care. At the end of their life, bamboo straws are 100% compostable.
- Agave / Coconut Fiber Cleaning brushes - remove bristles and compost. Metal handle is recyclable with most waste haulers.
- Artisan Cutlery is made of mango wood, and is fully compostable.
- Linen Pouches, Cotton Masks and Cotton Pouches are not typically curbside recyclable. We recommend you either repurpose this fabric, donate it, or bring it to a textile recycling plant near you.
- Shuki packaging, hang tags, and flyers are recyclable and / or compostable.
What are your shipping & returns policies?
Shipping is free for all retail orders. Wholesale orders are subject to standard USPS shipping fees.
Non-sale items are fully refundable for up to 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
You will be responsible for paying the postage fee to send back returned product. Once product is received, we will reimburse your cost of the product within 2 to 4 days, not including shipping fees.
For more details visit: steelstraw.com/pages/return-policy
Does your company have policies/programs to promote diversity within your supply chain?
Yes! We track diversity of ownership among our suppliers. We have a policy to give preferences to suppliers with ownership from underrepresented populations. We have formal targets to make a specific percentage of purchases from suppliers with diverse ownership. We have a formal program to purchase and provide support to suppliers with diverse ownership.